What is Connected Health?
At Partners HealthCare Connected Health, we are leveraging information technology - mobile phones and apps, remote monitoring tools, personal health trackers, sensors, computers and networked devices - to help providers and patients manage chronic conditions, maintain health and wellness, and improve adherence, engagement and clinical outcomes.
But, connected health is not just about technology. We manage the complexities of creating and implementing connected health programs to:
- Engage patients and providers for productive participation
- Empower individuals to self-manage their health and wellness
- Achieve clinical workflow efficiencies and minimize disruption from new programs
- Ensure regulatory and privacy compliance
- Build the business case to obtain institutional buy-in for new programs
- Evaluate and validate connected health solutions to ensure quality and value
The below graphic (courtesy of Internet Innovation Alliance) is a nice illustration of the benefits provided by connected health.