Research and Innovation
Partners HealthCare Connected Health's Research and Innovation team leads the creation and rigorous evaluation of new and innovative solutions for today’s health care delivery problems. We create novel, technology-enabled programs to address care challenges. We focus on using appropriate health information technology to help patients better manage their own conditions, as well as make care delivery more efficient.
Our innovations focus on engaging patients in their own care to improve efficiency, quality and outcomes.
The innovation engine of Partners Connected Health is uniquely powered by:
- Deep experience implementing connected health solutions across an array of technologies, communication platforms, patient populations and care settings
- Access to the patients, providers and data of Partners HealthCare to identify care challenges, pilot innovative models in real-world situations and evaluate effectiveness
Strong collaborations with leading academicians, foundations and corporations seeking to make a significant impact on cost and quality of health care delivery
Connected Health Solutions: Engage, Empower, Educate
Our research is aimed at developing tools to enable and empower patients to take a more active role in their own health and wellness, and to improve the efficiency of care delivery for health care practitioners. Working directly with patients and providers in a variety of settings, we are learning about patient engagement, behavior change and the strategies most successful in supporting healthier lifestyle choices.
Our research programs include a wide range of solutions, including mobile health, remote monitoring, social media and video-based interventions. Our research team is busy administering dozens of clinical trial programs throughout the Partners HealthCare system, evaluating connected health programs, devices and technologies, and providing expert intelligence and clinical perspectives to improve implementation, workflow integration and patient outcomes.
Partners Connected Health's research is funded by grants from various national agencies, such as non-profit foundations, NIH, PCORI and others. In addition, we also seek strategic industry partners to meaningfully explore and co-develop products and programs to further our collective goals within connected health.
Selected Research Sponsors and Collaborators
- Benson-Henry Institute for Mind Body Medicine
- BWH Rehabilitation Services – Foxboro
- California HealthCare Foundation
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Harvard Personal Genome Project
- McKesson Foundation
- MD Revolution (Rev Up)
- MGH Cancer Center
- MGH Center for Pediatric Psychopharmacology
- MGH Disparities Solution Center
- MGH Palliative Care
- MGH Pediatric Pulmonology
- Partners HealthCare at Home
- Reflexion Health Inc.
- Samsung Research America, Inc.
- URx Mobile