Summer Intern Opportunity
Are you a web- and social media-savvy, prolific content creator who uses data-based tools to get to the top of organic search rankings? Do you want to help a world-class institution broaden the reach of its message about the future of health care?
The Marketing team at Partners Connected Health Innovation is seeking a summer intern to develop SEO-friendly copy and graphics for its digital initiatives. While the primary focus will be on the web and social media, other outlets include newsletters, emails, white papers and press releases, as well as other communication vehicles as deemed appropriate. Video editing experience a plus.
We are looking for you, if you are:
- Pursuing a degree in Journalism, Communications or Marketing
- Familiar with and understand web and social media best practices
- Familiar with business use of social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and others
- Familiar with Google Analytics as well as an ability to collect and interpret data; provide recommendations based on these insights
- Familiar with Google AdWords and Facebook Power Editor
- Independent, a self-starter, curious; interested in learning about the Digital Health industry and staying on top of developments in this field
- Able to develop collaborative relationships
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with photo editing and/or graphic design software: Photoshop, Illustrator and the like (preferred but not mandatory)
- Familiar with video editing software (preferred but not mandatory)
- An excellent communicator
What you will do:
- Write press releases, social media posts and thought leadership pieces to support project milestones, staff speaking engagements and published research
- Work with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to vet content and ensure its accuracy
- Schedule social media posts using a publishing tool such as Hootsuite
- Follow industry trends and advancements, and craft thought leadership articles and social posts to promote
- Follow trends in the web and social media, and offer suggestions on how to best adopt new tools
- Analyze social media performance data – either via a native platform (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) or third-party dashboard – and offer recommendations on how to increase content interaction
- Analyze Google Analytics website data and offer recommendations on how to improve performance
- Other duties as assigned
What you will get:
- Mentorship and training in PR, marketing, web and social media best practices
- The opportunity to create content for a nationally recognized research hospital
- A stipend or academic credit (per mutual agreement with your college/university)
Summer 2018. Duration and start date of this internship are flexible. This is a temporary, paid, full- or part-time position offering a fun and exciting working environment in a rapidly-growing team.
Please send the following to PCHHiring@partners.org:
- A cover letter that highlights your motivations and skills, and describes both your interest in the internship and why you think you would be a good fit.
- Your resume